These are genuinely totally delicious - moist and flavoursome - with a delicious texture. Make a full batch and watch them fly! Makes 16.
2 medium beetroots, boiled, cooled skinned and grated - you'll need 250g
100g walnuts, broken into pieces
250g unsalted butter
250g xylitol or coconut sugar
200g dark chocolate
150g self raising flour
1. Prepare your beetroots by boiling them for about 30 mins on a rolling boil and then leaving them to cool. When ready, slip off their skins and grate them into a bowl. Measure about 250g, then set aside.
2. Gently melt the butter and chocolate together in a glass bowl over a small pan of boiling water.
3. Whisk the eggs and sugar together, then sift in the flour
4. Add the melted choccolate and butter, and stir to combine.
5. Add the grated beetroot and walnut pieces. Stir gently.
6. Butter 1 or 2 muffin trays, or one large 20 x 30" baking tray. This mixture makes about 16 muffin sizes brownies.
7. Pour the mixture into the trays and bake at 175 degrees for about 25 mins.
8. Test the mixture with a skewer - if it comes out clean they're done. Leave to cool outside of the oven for at least 10 minutes before digging in!!