Ingredients - serves 2 1 large chicken breast, sliced
1 red or green pepper, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely sliced
1 tsp each of smoked paprika & ground coriander
1 large pinch of cumin
1 lime, juiced
1 medium avocado, sliced
1 tomato, diced
1 red chili, finely sliced
2 wholemeal flatbreads * fresh salad leaves * fresh coriander
Get all of your ingredients together first.. then ...
1. Marinate the chicken in the dry spices with a pinch of salt, the garlic & some olive oil. Cover and put in the fridge for as long as you have.
2. Juice the lime & add it to the diced tomato & red chilli in a small bowl, then set aside
3. Heat a skillet or frying pan, add some olive oil & then gently fry the chicken for 3 minutes, turning often
4. Add the peppers & onion, keep gently stirring and cook until turning golden
5. Warm the flatbreads in the oven / microwave / over the toaster!
6. When you're ready to eat, layer the chicken & veg up in the bread, add the tomato salsa, some salad leaves, slices of avocado & fresh coriander
7. Roll up & eat!
For a low carb alternative, use large lettuce leaves to wrap the chicken mix.. totally delicious